Blogging Hiatus

Filed under: , , by: Coleman

So if anyone is still following this, they can see that it's been a long while since I've updated it. Mostly because for the 2 weeks I was in Israel, I thought I was going to go to Syria, which meant that I needed to hide any connection to Israel, including pictures and blog posts...
Israel is Israel. It was nice to be there as a tourist (for the first time in about 10 years). It was more expensive than I remembered.
In Jerusalem, I stayed in a great place near Damascus Gate. Staying on the borders of the Christian and Arab quarters was interesting, but I didn't really think too much of it. There was tons of security the whole time I was there, which included the opening of the Hurva Synagogue and the "Day of Rage." But all in all it was fine. Just an interesting time to be in Jerusalem.

0 comments: